The following article provides the process for purchasing new Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, for adding licenses to existing subscriptions, and for updating the Term Renewal options on an existing subscription to cancel the subscription, reduce licenses, or change the subscription terms.
The Microsoft 365 Subscriptions Page
- Log in to the Commerce Platform using any Internet browser at https://platform.cloudplusservice.com.
- Navigate to the desired account, and then click on the My Services page in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Microsoft vendor band.
- Click on the Subscriptions tab.
Adding a New Subscription
The following is the process for adding a New Subscription to a tenant. This is typically a product that was not previously purchased by the account.
- In the Subscriptions page, click on the Add Subscription button.
- In the Add Subscriptions window, scroll and/or search for the desired product. Note: If your Microsoft 365 tenant does not have Academic, Government, or Non-profit qualifications, all new subscriptions must be designated "NCE". Attempts to purchase non-NCE subscriptions by non-qualified tenants will be rejected by Microsoft.
- Enter the number of licenses you wish to purchase in the QTY field for the desired subscription.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Select your Support Tier, Subscription Term, and Billing Frequency for your purchase(s).
Please note that Subscription Terms are strictly enforced by Microsoft. All new purchases have a 24 window from time of purchase for cancellation at no cost, and a 7 day window from time of purchase for a pro-rated return. After the 7 day cancellation window, licenses cannot be cancelled until the end of the subscription term.
- Click the Continue button to proceed.
- Review the Summary window, and click the Confirm button to complete your purchase.
- The New Subscription purchase will now be submitted to Microsoft. In most cases, subscriptions are available within approximately 5 minutes. However Microsoft does recommend up to 4 hours during high-volume times.
Adding Licenses to an Existing Subscription
The following is the process for adding seats to an existing subscription. Seats that are added to an existing subscription will have the same Subscription Term and End Date as the existing subscription.
- In the Subscriptions page, locate the subscription that will have new licenses added and click the Edit button in the QTY column.
- In the Confirm Changes window, enter the new license count. Please note that you will only be able to increase the license quantity, as licenses cannot be decreased until the end of a subscription term.
- Click the Continue button to proceed.
- Review the Summary window, and click the Confirm button to submit the change.
Subscription Renewal Options
Under Microsoft's New Commerce Experience, certain actions can only be performed on a subscription at the end of its term. These include the cancellation of the subscription, reducing the subscription's license count, and changing the subscription terms.
- In the Subscriptions page, locate the subscription that you would like to update and click the Calendar button next to its Exp Date.
- The following options will be available to apply to the subscription at the end of its term:
- Auto Renewal: With this option selected, the subscription will automatically renew for a new term.
- Cancel Renewal: With this option selected, the subscription will not automatically renew, and all licenses and services under the subscription will expire at the end of the term.
- Auto Renew Options: This option defines the number of licenses that will renew under the subscription. This will allow a company to reduce the seats under this subscription if they no longer require the current quantity.
- Subscription Term: This option allows a company to change the length of the subscription term (i.e. monthly to annual, or annual to monthly).
- Billing Frequency: This option allows a company to change the frequency of payments for the subscription (i.e. monthly to annual, or annual to monthly).
- Click the Okay button to submit the Term Expiration changes.
Cancelling a Subscription within the 7-Day Window
The following is the process for cancelling a subscription if it is still within the 7-day window from the beginning of its term.
- In the Subscriptions page, locate the subscription to be cancelled and click the Edit button in the QTY column.
- In the Confirm Changes window, note the Cancellation Allowed Until timestamp. This will only show if a subscription is within the 7-day cancellation window.
- Click the Cancel This Subscription button.
The cancellation request will be submitted to Microsoft. Please note it may take a few hours for the cancelled subscription to disappear from the Subscriptions page.