This article provides the details for configuring the SDO Workstation Authentication App and installing it on Mac workstations.
Authentication Installer Download
You will need to download the latest version of the Octopus For Mac Installer and Configuration File file using the link below. The zipped file contains a zipped folder within it, that must be expanded to access two files that must be stored in the same folder locally on your Macintosh computer.
- octopus-for-mac.pkg: The installer file
- octopus-for-mac.xml: The configuration file for the installation
As a result of these changes, Octopus Mac Agents below version 2.3.6 will be blocked by the OS. After upgrading to Monterey you will need to upgrade to the latest Mac Agent’s version (currently 2.3.6).
In addition, if Octopus Mac Agent version 2.3.6 has been installed on MacOS 11 (or below), and the machine is then upgraded to MacOS 12, Agent reinstallation will be required.
Configuring the Octopus Authentication Installer
- In the Control Panel, click on My Services from the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Secret Double Octopus vendor band to expand it.
- Click on the “Services” tab under Secret Double Octopus and click on Workstations.
- Select the Service Metadata tab and download the XML file.
Configuring the XML File Before Begining Installation
- Open the downloaded XML file in a Text Editor or XML Editor appropriate for your Macintosh computer. Once you have opened the downloaded XML file, you will need to locate the Four parameters illustrated below.
- Copy the information located between the HTML brackets of server, domain, service, and Certificate. Paste the contents directly into the octopus-for-mac.xml file.
- <server></server> - Copy and paste everything in between <server> </server> to the designated area.
- <domain></domain> - Input CPSVCSTENANTS
- <service></service> - Copy and paste everything in between <service> </service> to the designated area.
- <certificate></certificate>copy and paste everying in between <certificate> </certificate> to the designated area.
Important Note: If the Mac is joined to an Active Directory network, type the name of your local AD domain instead of “CPSVCSTENANTS” between the domain tags.
- Save the file when finished; Ensuring that the “octopus-for-mac.xml” file remains in the same folder as the install package.
Installing Octopus For Mac
- Double-click the install package (octopus-for-mac.pkg) to activate the program instaler.
Note: You will need to authorize the download by using your workstation administrative login credentials.
- Once the installation has been completed, you will be presented with a window stating "Welcome to Octopus". Choose “Enable Octopus” to configure the workstation.
- You will need to enter your "Enterprise Account" name, followed by your password.
Note: This is your username and password that you use to access your company resources, not your username for administering your Mac.
- You will need to provide your authorization, once again, in order to move forward with finalizing the Octopus for Mac authenticator configuration.
- When the process is complete, your Mac will confirm that Octopus is enabled and your password is synchronized. You will also see the Octopus icon in your top menu bar on your home screen.
Your Macintosh workstation is now configured to use Secret Double Octopus. Each time you attempt to login into your Macintosh workstation leave the password field blank and hit return to signal SDO to prompt you via your enrolled mobile device for authentication. Inputting a password in this instance does not work and will be blocked from authenticating.