The Reflexion spam filter system allows user's the adjust the sensitivity of their filter to be more or less aggressive, allowing them to adjust which emails are delivered to their mailbox, which are quarantined, and which are deleted outright. To access the spam filter settings, use the following steps:
- Log into the Reflexion portal at https://asp.reflexion.net/ with the user's Reflexion credentials.
- Click on User in the left-hand menu.
- Click Properties.
- Allow-Listing - When this mode is enabled, only email from senders that have been added to the user's Allow List will be delivered to the user's mailbox. All others will be quarantined.
Content Filtering - When this mode is enabled, all email will be scanned and scored by the spam filter. Emails that score under the Content Filtering Threshold will be delivered to the user's mailbox. Emails that score above the Content Filtering Threshold and below the SpamShredder Threshold will be quarantined. Emails that score above the SpamShredder threshold will be deleted outright.
- Send a challenge/response or change-of-address request to the sender - With this option is selected, when an email is received that scored above the Content Filtering Threshold, Reflexion will send an Address Verification email to that sender. The Address Verification will prompt the sender to verify their address and add themselves to the user's Allow List, after which they can re-send the email which will be delivered to the user. This allows senders to whitelist themselves without any needed interaction by the user.
- Flag the subject line - With this option selected, any email that scores above the Content Filtering Threshold will be delivered to the user's mailbox with a spam tag appended to the email's Subject line. This allows the user to identify and manage potential spam directly from within their email client without having to use the daily spam notification or access the quarantine. We recommend this option only be enabled for users with low amounts of possible spam.
- Flag the subject line and deliver to delegate - This option provides the same features as the Flag the subject line option and will also forward any possible spam to a designated delegate address to allow for third-party management.
- Vaporize - With this option selected, any email that scores above the Content Filtering Threshold will be deleted outright without being quarantined. We recommend caution with this option as deleted content cannot be recovered.
- Quarantine the message and send a challenge/response or change-of-address request to the sender - With this option selected, any email that scores above the Content Filtering Treshold will be held in the Quarantine, and Reflexion will send an Address Verification email to that sender. This will allow the sender to add themselves to the user's whitelist and will allow the user to review any messages added to the Quarantine in case the sender does not responde to the Address Verification.
- Quarantine only - With this option selected, any email that scores above the Content Filtering Threshold will be held in the Reflexion quarantine for review by the user.
- Send a quarantine summary - With this option selected, Reflexion will send a daily spam digest containing a list of all emails captured by the spam filter. Any messages that score above the Blatant Spam Threshold for Quarantine Summaries setting will not be included in the daily quarantine summary.
- Always send a quarantine summary - With this option selected, Reflexion will send the daily spam digest even if no emails have been captured by the quarantine that day.
- Spoofing Prevention - With this option selected, any email received where the sender's From address and the recipient To address have the same domain will automatically be quarantined. In most email systems, email sent from one user to another within the same domain will be relayed directly from the sender's mailbox to the recipient's mailbox without passing through the spam filter. This setting is designed to prevent senders from outside the domain sending a spoofed email that looks like it was sent from inside the domain to trick the recipient into responding with sensitive information, downloading malware, or clicking on deceptive links.
- Vaporize messages from senders on the block list instead of quarantining them - With this option selected, any email from a sender listed in a user's Block List will be deleted outright. If this option is not selected, emails from Block Listed senders will captured in the quarantine instead.
- Block incoming newsletters and bulk mailings - With this setting enabled, the spam filter will attempt to identify any newsletters or mass mailings - where the email was sent to a large number of recipients - and automatically quarantine them.