Real Simple Syndication (RSS) is a way for website owners to make their content available for people to read and review. Websites publish lists of updates via "feeds" that indicate when new content is available. Rather than regularly visiting a website, you can add a new feed to SmarterMail (also called subscribing to a feed) and then see when new content is available from that site. Any new content posted to your feeds will appear in the RSS feeds section of your mailbox.
1. log into your SmarterMail web portal at https://smart.securembox.com
2. To access your RSS feeds, click the RSS feeds icon then New located within the tool bar.
3. Enter the Name and URL of the RSS feed you have subscribed to. Press Save when complete.
Navigating Your RSS Feeds
When you view your RSS feeds, the page is divided into two sections:
- The navigation pane displays all of the RSS feeds you have added to SmarterMail. To view recent updates to a specific RSS feed, simply click the desired feed.
- The content pane displays the RSS feeds in the folder you are viewing.
In general, the following options are available from the navigation pane toolbar:
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to create a new folder, rename a folder, or delete a selected folder. Using folders makes it easy to keep your news items organized. For example, create folders for technology items, politics, business or other categories.
In general, the following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- New - Adds a new RSS feed to SmarterMail.
- Edit - Edits the selected RSS feed.
Delete - Deletes the selected RSS feed(s).