SmarterMail's robust tasks system is designed to help users keep track of anything they need to do. From shopping lists to long-term tasks, users can create lists of items, set due dates, update status and completion percentage, and even prioritize tasks based off of exchange email leads.
1. Log into your SmarterMail web portal at https://smart.securembox.com
2. To create a new Task, click
New + Task from the icon bar. This will open a new window that you
will use to create your new task. Click Save when finished.
When you add a new task in SmarterMail, you can save as much or as few details about the task as you like. In general, task details are divided into three sections:
- Details - The details of the task include the subject of the tasks, start and end dates, and other information. Note: The subject, start date and due date are the only required fields to save a task.
- Subject - This is a friendly name for the task. A more detailed description of the task can be added in the next tab.
- Start and End Dates and Times - The date and time the task will begin, then end. You can either manually enter the dates and times or click on the date selector icon and/or the time selector icon.
- Reminder - Setting a reminder will make a pop-up window appear in web-mail at whatever reminder interval you set.
- Priority - Setting a priority helps you keep tasks organized by importance.
- Status - The status of the task keeps you, and anyone else you may be sharing tasks with, apprised of where the task is in terms of being worked on. Options include:
- Not Started - The task is created but not being worked on at the present time.
- In Progress - The task is currently active and being worked on.
- Completed - The task was worked on and is now finished.
- Canceled - The task is not needed, is not worth starting or a decision was made to not move forward with it.
- % Complete - As a task is being worked on, a user can update the status by denoting how far along the task is in terms of being marked Completed. This is a good way to keep people who share tasks apprised of where the task is in terms of completion.
Once the task is saved, it will appear on your calendar. Note: Users can disable the display of task start and end times on the calendar.