SmarterMail features an online contact manager that helps users organize and communicate with people. Users can view and manage their contacts from any computer with Internet access, anywhere in the world, using the webmail interface.
1. Log into your SmarterMail web portal at https://smart.securembox.com
2. To add a contact, click New in the navigation pane toolbar and then click Contact. This will open a new contact window that you will use to add the contact to SmarterMail. In addition, you can create a new contact within the Contacts section of SmarterMail.
Saving Contact Details
To better understand the different areas of the contacts section, please refer to the following illustration.
When you add a new contact to SmarterMail, you can save as many or as few details about the person as you like. In general, contact details are divided into five sections:
- Personal Info - Type the contact's display name, title, first name, middle name, last name, suffix, email address(es), instant messenger, home page, and date of birth. Note: The display name is the only required field to save a contact.
- Add a Picture - SmarterMail allows you to upload a picture for any contact in your address book. These pictures are available within the webmail interface and for anyone using CardDAV or the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync add-on to sync their calendars with email clients and/or mobile devices. Unfortunately, pictures will not sync for customers using Add to Outlook or SyncML for synchronization.
- Contact Info - Type the contact's home phone number, work phone number, mobile phone number, pager number, home and work fax numbers, and home address.
- Work Info - Type the contact's company name, job title, department, office, work address, and website URL.
- Additional Info - Type any additional details about the contact.