SmarterMail users can send and receive email messages from anywhere in the world
using any computer with a Web browser and Internet access.
To login to SmarterMail
simply use https://smart.securembox.com to access the webmail interface login page. On the login page, type your full email address
and password in the appropriate fields and click Login. Depending on your
account settings, either your SmarterMail inbox or the My Today
Page will load.
To help you understand the different areas of your inbox, below is an illustrated overview of the current webmail page.
Navigating Your Inbox
To sort messages, click on the appropriate column header for either a descending or ascending sort order for that column. For example, clicking the Size column header will sort items in order of size. Click the header again and the sort will go in the opposite direction.
In general, the following columns are available in the content pane:
- Checkbox - Use these boxes to select multiple messages. Messages must be selected before choosing an action from the actions toolbar.
- From - The sender of the email message.
- Subject - The subject of the email message.
- Date - The date and/or time the mail system received the email.
- Size - The size of the email in kilobytes.
- Status and attachment Indicators - The status icons inform the user of what actions have been taken for each message in their inbox and they appear just to the left of the message size. The icons are as follows: a blue arrow pointing left indicates a reply; a green arrow pointing right indicates a forward; the calendar indicates a new appointment invite or appointment invite response; a paperclip indicates the message has an attachment.
- Follow-up Flag - If the message is marked for follow-up, the flag icon next to the message size will be red. If the message is not marked for follow-up, the flag icon will have a gray outline.
Performing Email Actions
In general, the following options are available from the navigation pane toolbar:
- Actions Click this button and select the appropriate option to create a new folder, rename a folder, or delete a selected folder. NOTE: - Users should create new folders in the root of the folder tree and NOT inside their Inbox. This is because many email clients have a hard time syncing with folders that are created inside a user's Inbox.
In general, the following options are available from the content pane toolbar:
- New - Click this button to create a new email message.
- Actions - Click this button and select the appropriate option to mark messages, move messages, forward multiple messages or block/unblock senders.
- Mark - Click this button and select the appropriate option to mark the selected message(s) as read, unread, follow-up, no follow-up, spam, or not spam.
- Read - Marks the selected message(s) as read and changes the status indicator appropriately.
- Unread - Marks the selected message(s) as unread and changes the status indicator appropriately. This can be useful for reviewing messages at a later time.
- Follow-up - Marks the selected message(s) for follow-up and changes the color of the follow-up flag appropriately. Alternatively, users can click on the flag icon next the message to mark it for follow-up.
- No follow-up - Removes the selected message(s) as being marked for follow-up and changes the color of the follow-up flag appropriately. Alternatively, users can click on the flag icon next to a message marked for follow-up to remove the follow-up flag.
- Spam - Marks the message as spam and moves it to the Deleted Items folder. Note: SmarterMail uses Bayesian filtering to evaluate the header and content of an incoming message and determine the probability that it is spam. This type of spam filtering "learns" to differentiate real mail from unwanted junk mail by examining the words and punctuation in large samples of both types of messages. As a result, every time a user marks a message as spam, the Bayesian filtering improves. For users with the Cyren Premium Antispam add-on, messages marked as spam will be sent to Cyren for evaluation.
- Not Spam - Marks the selected message(s) as not spam and automatically adds the email address to your trusted senders list.
- Move - Moves the selected message(s) to any available folder. Note: You can also drag-and-drop messages to an available folder.
- Forward - Forwards the selected message(s). Note: This option is best used when trying to forward multiple messages as .eml attachments.
- Block Sender - Prevents the sender of the selected message(s) from sending any more messages to the account. When you block a sender, a new Internal Blocked Senders Content Filter is created. Any user you block is added to that list, and their email is, by default, deleted.
- Unblock Sender - Allows the sender of the selected message(s) to begin sending messages to the account again by removing the address from the Internal Blocked Senders content filter.
- Delete - Click this button and select the appropriate option to delete, undelete, purge deleted messages, or delete all messages in a folder.
- Delete - Moves the selected message(s) to the Deleted Items folder. Note: This is the default action taken when a message is deleted. Depending on your account settings, the delete action may be different. For more information, see Deleting Email Messages.
- Undelete - Retrieves deleted messages from your Deleted Items folder provided the system hasn't been purged yet. Note: After the system purges any items marked for deletion, you can't retrieve the deleted messages.
- Purge Marked as Deleted - Permanently deletes the messages in your Deleted Items folder. Note: This action cannot be undone.
- Delete All Messages in Folder - Moves all of the messages within a selected folder to the Deleted Items folder. This option takes the same action as delete, except that it will perform the delete operation on every email in the folder, regardless of whether the message is checked or not. This option is most useful in folders like Junk E-Mail or Deleted Items.
- View - Click this button and select the appropriate option to filter messages or refresh the content pane.
- Refresh - Manually refreshes the list of messages in the content pane.
- Filter - Filters messages based on the criteria you choose: messages that have been read/unread, replied to or not or forwarded.
In general, the following options are available from the preview pane toolbar:
- Reply - Allows you to reply to the the sender only.
- Reply All - Addresses a response to the sender and everyone else who received the message. This includes all email addresses listed in the To and Cc fields, except your own email address.
- Forward - Sends the message to someone else.
- Delete - Moves the message to the Deleted Items folder. Note: This is the default action taken when a message is deleted. Depending on your account settings, the delete action may be different. For more information, see Deleting Email Messages.
- Add - Creates a new task and links it to the message. For more information, see Linking to Email Tasks.
- View - Allows you to view the original message in alternate formats, including HTML (default), as text only, view the raw content of the message (including the header) or view the header only. Viewing the raw content or just the header can assist with diagnosing potential issues with viewing the message.
- Print - Prints the message.