provides instruction on how to connect your Outlook 2010 client to our SmarterMail
information on the needed Autodiscover settings, please refer to the
AutoDiscover Settings article.
1. Open Outlook 2010.
2. Click the File tab (located in the upper left hand corner of the page).
3. Under the Account Information screen, click the Add Account button.
4. An Add Account Window will appear.
5. Complete the required information within the E-mail Account section and select Next.
6. The window will change to Configuring account. (e.g. Outlook is completing the setup for your account. This may take several minutes.) Outlook is looking for the Autodiscover CName record.
Note: If you are unable to connect ensure that the account has the Autodiscover CName in place.
7. Once the Outlook client has connected with the SmarterMail servers a pop-up will appear asking you to allow the connection. (Allow this website to configure [firstname.lastname@example.org] server settings?) Select Allow.
8. Add Account window will change to Searching for your mail settings...
- Establishing network connection
- Searching for [email@example.com]
- Logging on to the mail server
9. Click the Finish
button. You will need to close and re-start Outlook to use your new account.