This article provides instruction on how to connect your Outlook 2010 client to our SmarterMail servers via POP. NOTE: POP is not fully supported. Proceed at your own RISK. POP means PULL. Setting up a POP account will pull all email to the destination opened.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Select File (Located in the top left hand corner of the page).
3. Select Info.
4. Choose Add Account.
5. Select the radio button, Manually configure settings or a additional server types.
6. Chose Internet E-mail and click Next.
7. Under Add New Account, Fill out the following settings:
Your Name: First, Last
E-mail Address: full email address
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: smart.securembox.com
Outgoing mail server: smart.securembox.com
User Name: full SmarterMail email address
Password: your password
Check the box for Remember password. Upon completion select More Settings...
8. Under E-mail Settings, select the Outgoing Server tab and check the box that says "My outgoing server requires authentication" > click OK.
9. Select Next -> to test the Account Settings, then select Close.
10. Deselect the box under Test Account Settings. Select Next.
11. Congratulations! You have successfully set up a POP account. Choose Finish.
Note: We have closed the SMTP port 25 due to mass spam issues. You will need to utilize port 465.