The following article contains the instructions on how to successfully change or edit a user's Principle Name.
Note: Changing a User's Principle Name will alter the way a user logs into their mailbox.
Example: Jane Doe - email@example.com wants to be changed to Jane Smith -firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Name will appear in the GAL under Jane Smith - email@example.com instead of Jane Doe - firstname.lastname@example.org (The GAL updates every night at 12am PST)
1. Log into the Administrative Control Panel at https://my.securembox.com.
2. Under My Current Services, select Microsoft Exchange.
3. From the Service Management column, Click on Mailboxes.
4. From the Mailbox list, select the mailbox you wish to edit then click the "Edit Mailbox" link at the top of the list.
5. Enter the new Principle Name in the Logon field.
6. Click the Save Changes button.