This article illustrates how to send as a domain/user alias in Outlook 2010. If you have user aliases set up for your account, this section describes the steps necessary to send email from the alias names.
For more information, please read the differences between a user alias and a domain alias. If you do not have an alias name for your account, please contact your company network administrator to set up an alias.
If you understand what an alias is, the next question is "How do I respond from different email addresses?" The steps below describe the set up process in Microsoft Outlook. Due to the hundreds of email clients available, the settings below should provide a good description of the process for the other applications.
Please contact your network administrator for further instruction. Please note: This can ONLY be performed in Outlook and not in Outlook Web Access. Also, the outbound email for aliases must be sent via POP3.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Select File (Located in the top left hand corner of the page).
3. Select Info.
4. Choose Add Account.
5. Select the radio button, Manually configure settings or a additional server types.
6. Chose Internet E-mail and click Next.
7. Under Add New Account, Fill out the following settings:
Your Name: First, Last
E-mail Address: full email address
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: xxxx
Outgoing mail server: na01.msexchangeoutlook.com
User Name: full email alias address
Password: your password
Check the box for Remember password. Upon completion select More Settings...
8. Under E-mail Settings, select the Outgoing Server tab and check the box that says "My outgoing server requires authentication" > Also choose the radio box "To Log on as" and type in the Original user name and password. click OK.
9. Select Next -> to test the Account Settings. The incoming should FAIL and Outgoing should have a green check mark.
10. Deselect the box under Test Account Settings. Select Next.
11. Congratulations! You have successfully set up a POP account to send out as your Alias. Choose Finish.