This article illustrates how to set up an IMAP connection in Outlook 2010.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Select File (Located in the top left hand corner of the page).
3. Select Info.
4. Choose Add Account.
5. Select the radio button, Manually configure settings or a additional server types.
6. Chose Internet E-mail and click Next.
7. Under Add New Account, Fill out the following settings:
User Information :
Your Name: First, Last
E-mail Address: full email address
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: na01.msexchangeoutlook.com
Outgoing mail server: na01.msexchangeoutlook.com
Logon Information :
User Name: full email address
Password: your password
Check the box for Remember password. Upon completion select More Settings...
8. Under E-mail Settings, select the Outgoing Server tab and check the box that says "My outgoing server requires authentication" > click OK.
9. Select Next -> to test the Account Settings, then select Close.
10. Deselect the box under Test Account Settings. Select Next.
11. Congratulations! You have successfully set up a IMAP account. Choose Finish.