This article provides instructions for installing application templates for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Note: To install or remove a site admin template, you must be a member of the Owners SharePoint group (or another SharePoint group with Full Control permissions) on the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site.
Installing a Template
1. Download the template you want to install to your computer.
2. Double-click the .exe file to extract the files.
3. Log on to the SharePoint site as a member of the Owners group.
4. On the Site Actions menu, click Site Settings.
5. In the Galleries section, click Site templates.
If you do not see Site templates in the Galleries section, you might not be at a top-level site. In theSite Collection Administration section, click Go to top-level site administration.
6. Click Upload to save an application template to this SharePoint site.
If you want to save more than one application template, click Upload Multiple Files.
7. Browse to the <template_name>.stp file, and then click Open.
8. Click OK.
For further information on Installing Application Template for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 please visit the site provided.