Accessing a Document Library directly from Outlook 2007 will allow users to access company documents. To do this, please follow the instructions listed below.
1. In SharePoint, On the Quick Launch menu, under the Documents section, click on your document library.
2. Click Actions < Connect to Outlook.
3. An Internet Explorer Security warning dialog box may appear stating: A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer. If so, click Allow.
4. A Microsoft Office Outlook dialog box will appear stating: You should only connect lists from sources you know and trust. Click on Yes.
5. Your SharePoint documents will now appear in your Outlook 2007 client.