A SharePoint Web Part can be used to display information data from Lists, Forms, even Media Content.
1. Log into your SharePoint 2010 Foundation site.
2. Choose the site you wish to add your Web Part to by selecting the site from the site tabs at the top.
3. Once you have selected your site, from within the Ribbon, select Edit.
4. Then click on Insert . Under Web Parts, click Web Part.
5. You can now begin adding your desired Web Part. Each Web part is sorted by way of the Category. Each category contains its owen associated web parts. Below is the ready features offered by SharePoint 2010 Foundation.
|Lists and Libraries
||HTML Form Web Part
|Media and Content
Picture Library Slideshow Web Part
Silverlight Web Part
6. Once you have selected the desired Web Part, click Add.