When you add an endpoint, SecureAnywhere identifies it in the Management Portal by its machine name. You might want to change the machine name to something more meaningful, such as Winchester-Laptop or LabTest-1.
Note: Do not change the name of an endpoint on a virtual machine. If you do, it will display as a new endpoint in the Management Portal and will use an extra seat in your license.
To rename an endpoint:
- Click the Group Management tab.
- From the Groups panel on the left, select the group that contains the endpoint you want to rename.
- From the Endpoints panel on the right, double-click on the endpoint name.
- Enter the new name and press the Enter key.
A red flag displays in the upper left of the field to indicate that the change is not yet saved.
- In the Command bar, click the Save Changes button.
The new name displays in the Hostname column.
- To revert to the original name, click the Revert button on the far right of the row.