WebTitan allows you to monitor, control, and protect your organization and users from online threats.
The WebTitan credentials that are created when enabling the service can be used to access the WebTitan portal at https://cloudplusservice.webtitancloud.com:8443/. This portal will allow you to customize the policy for your organization, review your locations, and monitor your traffic.
To get started, you will need to whitelist the locations that will be using the WebTitan DNS filter. A location is simply an IP address from which the WebTitan service will accept and process DNS requests. Locations can be added directly in the Control Panel using the following steps:
- Log into the WebTitan-enabled account at https://cp.cloudplusservice.com/.
- Click on My Services in the left-hand menu.
- Click the WebTitan service to expand it.
- Click the Add New Location button.
- Enter a name for the new location.
- Select the IP Type. The available IP types are as follows:
- Static IP: A location with a static, or fixed, IP address. This is the most common type for business offices. You can enter a single IP address, or a range of IPs as a CIDR block (such as 220.127.116.11/24).
- Dynamic IP: A public IP address that is assigned by the Internet provider. This is the most common location type for home offices. As the IP address can change, the WebTitan Dynamic IP Agent should be installed on a computer at the location to update the IP address in WebTitan when it changes.
- Dynamic DNS: For locations that use a Dynamic DNS service or capable router. The DNS Name will be a URL that is registered with the Dynamic DNS service.
- Roaming: Typically used for laptops that frequently change Internet providers. The Roaming Agent must be installed on the computer to authorize its connection to the WebTitan service.
- Virtual: A location that uses a metadata tag rather than an IP address to authorize its connection to the WebTitan service. This location type can only be used if the location’s router or endpoint supports metadata tagging in the form of an EDNS record.
- Enter the location’s details (IP Address, Dynamic DNS URL, Roaming Agent tag, or metadata tag).
- Click the Save button.
Once a location’s information has been added to the Locations list, you will need to update the DNS settings for that location to direct its DNS inquiries to the WebTitan service. The DNS server address needs to be set to the following IP address:
This DNS setting can be done either at the router level for the location to protect all devices in that location, or in an individual computer’s network settings to just protect individual computers.